• Advertisement
end of header

Welcome 5.0 Tech Members

Have a power adder of some sort or a stroker? Have questions? Well then, you ARE in luck...

Welcome 5.0 Tech Members

Postby Rusty » Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:34 pm

Well, if everyone hasn't noticed lately there is a little more content and a lot more members. I want to take this moment to welcome the members from 5.0 Tech to The Mustang Stop. The two sites have joined forces to continue the tradition of both sites in bringing the best Mustang Tech to the enthusiasts. So take a minute and introduce yourselves, I think everyone will we are a friendly bunch!
Rusty
Admin
Rusty
Site Admin

Advertisement

Re: Welcome 5.0 Tech Members

Postby 5.0Droptop » Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:14 pm

Mike derenzi no longer part of this site?
Shawn
--------------------------
99 SVT Lightning
Black.
5.0Droptop
Test rank

Postby Rusty » Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:27 am

For the moment it is just me.
About 6 months ago I contacted Mike regarding the site (5.0 Tech) and figured I might give a shot at getting it back up and running. So a few dozen e-mails later I acquired the site. Spent a few months going over it, cleaning it out, trying to put it back together. There is still a lot missing, that I do not have, like galleries. After going through it all I decided to merge it with The Mustang Stop. Th edomain 50tech.com, was getting pelted with spam atatcks daily, to the point I closed registrations all together and cleaned out over 50k spam accounts, and got down to what I thought were legitamate users. All the attachments are saved, as well as user avatars. I have to work on moving them still, hopefully in the next week or so. Everyone is welcome, and I hope everyone feels that way. I am hoping we can bring the community back up to where it was.

Welcome to the site!
Rusty
Admin
Rusty
Site Admin

Postby 5.0Droptop » Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:34 pm

I was admin on 50tech. The site slowly just died. Mike intended to just keep the site up for a source of information
Over time the spammers took over. Last year Mike and I spent sometime cleaning out the spam posts etc
It was sad to see the site in that condition.

I hope you ate able to breath life into the forum. I was part of it early in its beginning.
Shawn
99 SVT Lightning
Black.
5.0Droptop
Test rank

Postby Rusty » Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:47 am

5.0Droptop wrote:I was admin on 50tech. The site slowly just died. Mike intended to just keep the site up for a source of information
Over time the spammers took over. Last year Mike and I spent sometime cleaning out the spam posts etc
It was sad to see the site in that condition.

I hope you ate able to breath life into the forum. I was part of it early in its beginning.

well, I don't intend on letting the spammers take over, but it is a never ending battle :evil:
I saved and transferred all the posts that were able to be transferred. Several articles were incomplete, so i didn't transfer those, but the data is still saved. I do have some plans to improve the site, things like photo gallery, garage, better classified system., a few others
You and all the other 5.0 Tech members are more than welcome here.
Rusty
Admin
Rusty
Site Admin

Postby CobraGT87 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:42 am

WOW, I FINALLY made it into here. Darn P/W etc issues..

Nice to see some old friends, Shawn, Rusty.. I take it Mike is no longer here? Rusty, if there any information you lost, feel free to let me know what you need. I did lose all my own site data which sucks as I had my build list and details as I did them on the 87GT.. can't tell you how long it took my wife to design that background..uggg

anywhoo, no matter, hopefully I can rememeber LOL... :rantoff: I logged into 50tech many many times deleting all the spam there but it just got overwhelming. sure glad someone picked up the ball as well had established a very good rep there for so many details and answers to common questions.. hope we can get all that back again..

Take care
Scott aka (Mr Speed Density) <<< :ppostwhore: ROFL
CobraGT87

Postby 5.0Droptop » Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:53 am

Hi Scott!
Been a Long time since I saw your name pop up.
Shawn
99 SVT Lightning
Black.
5.0Droptop
Test rank

Postby CobraGT87 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:16 pm

no kidding huh.. now if I can change details etc around here. uggg
CobraGT87

Postby Rusty » Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:34 pm

CobraGT87 wrote:WOW, I FINALLY made it into here. Darn P/W etc issues..

Nice to see some old friends, Shawn, Rusty.. I take it Mike is no longer here? Rusty, if there any information you lost, feel free to let me know what you need. I did lose all my own site data which sucks as I had my build list and details as I did them on the 87GT.. can't tell you how long it took my wife to design that background..uggg

anywhoo, no matter, hopefully I can rememeber LOL... :rantoff: I logged into 50tech many many times deleting all the spam there but it just got overwhelming. sure glad someone picked up the ball as well had established a very good rep there for so many details and answers to common questions.. hope we can get all that back again..

Take care
Scott aka (Mr Speed Density) <<< :ppostwhore: ROFL

Well, it's good to see it finally worked!!

What you see is what you get, as far as stuff from 50Tech. The only two things missing are attachments and user avatars. I have both, and will be transferring them shortly. Well, Three things, I have the Private Messages also, but as they were very old, I wasn't sure if anyone wants them. If anyone does I will transfer them as well.

CobraGT87 wrote:no kidding huh.. now if I can change details etc around here. uggg

Any suggestions???
Rusty
Admin
Rusty
Site Admin

Postby CobraGT87 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:46 am

CobraGT87 wrote:no kidding huh.. now if I can change details etc around here. uggg

Any suggestions???[/quote]

Rusty, I can't think of any off the top of my head. I managed to get my avatar up.. only wish I had backed up my old site data & pics. I had many of them backed up on webshots, but they seem to have changed names etc and lost all my stuff there too. grrr. My wife had worked for days designing the background on my site and it was sad to see it go bye bye.. I did manage to keep my mod list tho..I'll be popping in & out here like I always did. :popcorn:

Take Care,
Scott
CobraGT87

Next

Return to Power Adders